Monthly Health Tech Entrepreneurs Meetups
Are you someone who:
- Wants to learn about building a startup, but doesn’t know where to start?
- Understands the basic concepts involved in running a startup, but don’t know exactly how to apply them?
- Wants support from other health tech entrepreneurs who are facing similar issues?
Join us for a monthly meetup where health tech entrepreneurs (and those who are entrepre-curious) can share real-life experiences, exchange advice, and provide support!
Our next meetup is on May 20, 2021 at 4pm. Sign up here!
This month, we’ll hear from Mr. Jack Kent about navigating the regulatory environment as we develop and commercialize a medical device. Mr. Kent is the Chief Commercialization Officer at CoapTech, Inc. and Principal Consultant at Blue Crab Device Consulting, LLC. He has extensive experience as a medical device executive, leading a range of products to market both in the US and abroad. He is also passionate about fostering economic growth in Maryland through the development of novel medical technologies.
June 10, 2021 – Reimbursement strategy with Emily Durfee
July 22, 2021 – Strategic partnerships and collaborating with research institutions with Dr. Amir Manbachi
August 19, 2021 – Logistics of getting started + team formation with Brad Hennessie
September 23, 2021 – Product development for medical applications with Cyrus Etemad-Moghadam
December, 2021 – Strategic partnerships and collaborating with hospitals with Dr. Joëlle Lavoie
- Financing strategy – non-dilutive funding
- Financing strategy – dilutive funding
- Business model canvas + customer discovery
- Revenue model + projections
- Value-based pricing
- Product development
- Marketing + branding
- Sales and distribution strategy
- Reimbursement strategy
- IP strategy
- Exit strategy
- Strategic partnerships/collaborating with research institutions
- Launching international sales
- Business insurance
- Human resources + operations
- Diversity and inclusion
- Accounting/budgeting/cash flow management
- Leadership + team building
- Procurement/government relationships
- Competitive analysis/positioning
- Strategy + strategic planning
- Investor readiness + pitching
- Industry partnerships